A new year has come and exciting data mining conferences are lining up on the horizon. Here is a list of major conferences in this field. They are good places to socialize with other data science researchers and practitioners, to connect with potential candidates or future employers.
Last year, I missed KDD 2013. This year, this conference is on my top list. Here is a list of all major ones.
· SDM (SIAM Conference on Data Mining), April 24-26, Philadelphia
· KDD (Knowledge Discover and Data Mining), Aug 24-27, New York City
· Strata (O'Reilley conference), Feb 11-13, Santa Clara, California
· Predictive Analytics World, March 16-21, San Francisco, California
· ICML (machine learning), June 21-26, Beijing, China
· AAAI (Artificial Intelligence), July 27-31, Quebec City, Canada
- ICDM (International conference on Data Mining), Dec 14-17, Shenzhen, China
· WWW (web data, text mining), May 7-11, Seoul, Korea
· ACL (Natural Language processing), June 23-25, Baltimore
· SIGIR (text mining), July 6-11, Gold Coast, Australia
· Interspeech (Speech mining), Sept 14-18, Singapore
· Recsys (Recommender system), Oct 6-10, Foster City